Tuesday, June 21, 2011

And now it's time to face the music... :)

And I was right. This trip to Calcutta was all I needed to get my feet back on the ground firmly and hold the chains of control in my own hands.. This trip ladies and gentlemen, was offbeat and a far cry from all the experiences of travel I'd had till now. This trip let me fly and discover that one city which brings a smile on my face every time I hear of it, and damn.. It was home :)

Starting from the to-die-for 'lebon' tea to the Indian Coffee House, to Howra, to Princep Ghat, to Lake Kali bari, Gariya haat, College street, Park street, Oly's, Some Place Else, Nandan, Beduin, Aminia, Camac street, Old Calcutta, Eden garden, Red road, Park circus..and so many other places that I can't even remember at this very moment. I saw all of it! With two of my very favorite crazy people :) ... I saw the city like never before, alone
Calcutta drove away my Writer's Block.. A romantic city like that is sure to.. I wrote a lot of fiction, few of which will find their way published on my blog.. few of which will remain locked up into the pages of my notebook for me alone to cherish :) 

Honestly, dear Readers, I thought I'd have a lot to say and talk about, once I'd be back, but I don't. 'Cause in some ways, this trip has taught me that smiling silently is much better than laughing aloud. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but sometimes, to take in an experience, the best way to make it last is to just keep it to yourself and smile. And leave it to that :-)

And now that I'm back in town, the usual business with my favorite ladies and ladas (I mean the boys) are on!  Went for lunch to this amazing Tibetan place yesterday with Rob and boy was it amazing or what! (Raima, if you're reading this- We both plan to take you out to this place as soon as you get here!) and the following week is full of Rem,Vanta,Guina,Shiv,Reddy with dates. Also, Maiden is here in delhi, so this is the official Partying Week. So the surreal fun is over at Cal and now it's time for me to face the music- Delhi :-)

So here are a few pictures that I took and which might help you get a whiff of the essence of this place, The City of Joy.. wait up for my next post- a fiction piece :)




Old Calcutta.
College Street.
Maidan.

- Love and revelations,
Nil.

10 comments:

  1. nicely written!
    Cal sounds exciting :D
    and the pictures are awesome looking forward to the fiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lowe!
    Next time, all you ladies better be coming with me :]

    And yes, fiction coming up soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have always wanted to spend some time in CAL, maybe will do
    and welcome back ...

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowie!!! Hope you had fun. Haven't been to Cal in ages.
    Oh btw, talking about trips, do read this http://friedladyfingers.blogspot.com/2011/06/shillong-diary-entry.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bikram: You surely should :-) And thank you so much!


    @Eesha: Yes I did sweets, you should go too! And yeap, on my way to your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. smiling silently is much better than laughing aloud...
    loved the thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. smiling silently is much better than laughing aloud...
    loved the thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I am silently smiling while reading all this, you know that? Beautiful :)


    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smiling Silently than laughing aloud -- Even I loved this statement :) Happy for you nil dear.. Keep rolling..

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Mani: Why, thank you so much :-)

    @Blasphemous: B.A! You've always been loyal at making my days in the cyber world with adorable comments! Thank you so much :-)

    @Banu: Hehe thanks Darl, you keep rolin' too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Pour out your thoughts on mine.... :)