Monday, October 1, 2012

I have a lot to say.

Greetings, World. 
This is one of the I Have A Lot To Say series. I wouldn't call this post completely fictitious, it's a...different style of writing that I attempted, to free my head of certain epiphanies and visions that were rather vociferous. This post was inspired by a random photo of a lazy cat that came and cuddled next to my foot and I clicked a picture of. Just like the other post of this series, the following is somewhat a cornucopia of strings of thoughts, that came in one after the other while I was in the strangest mood, and I never stopped. It does not follow any order, nor do the tenses. It may not make sense, due to the drastic transitions of odd imagery. But it's raw and unedited.
That should be intriguing enough.
______________________________________________________________________





The lazy cat looked like she knew what she was doing. There was not a hint of abashment or fear as she kept slumping her hilt on a new spot every time the bedeviled waiter shooed her away, making strange noises. At another corner of the world, a boy sat down ridiculing how people phrase regions of the world as 'corners' when none actually exist, when there isn't a literal end to the world, and how in reality, we're all naive early men within who comfort themselves with ancient, impractical thesis. At that very moment, a stand up comedian in your home town makes a cat's purr the butt of his pun and a blink later, the lazy cat stirs next to your foot. While you distract yourself from the utterly boring conversation the lady ahead has to offer, you look down and the cat looks up. And right at that very second, the stand up comedian forgets his punch line.
A gypsy woman recites her burglary around the world to a six year old boy, while her scarf hides the source of her dreamy voice. A caravan stops eight stops early to pick her up and away it went, puffing smoke from its choking rear. 
Mars decided to shine a brighter blood red, and that simple celestial decision made an old man very happy. He smiled a weak smile that peeped brighter from behind his half moon spectacles.. He particularly missed his dead wife, tonight. 
While such preoccupations worried the world, the cat purred next to my foot. And when the waiter came to shoo it off yet again, it picked it's hind up and settled on the foot of another distracted conversationalist. The lazy cat looked like she knew just what she was doing. Unlike me. 

-Nil.
 

17 comments:

  1. Gotta love cats. Very Random this is, hence I like :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. They're different, yes. Often surprising!

      Delete
  3. I love this- I can easily envision it being a movie scene with a narration- sort of like Le fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god, believe it or not, that is JUST the effect I intended on while I was writing this piece. Scenes from Amelie kept playing in my head.

      You just made my day, Ghadeer ^.^

      Delete
  4. Amazing how an encounter with a random cat sparked this little tale. I enjoyed reading it, as I enjoy reading all your posts, because of how easily it becomes visual and relatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Cheryl. It's always so good to see you here!

      <3

      Delete
  5. wow ...seems like a movie scene narration...you can so become a scriptwriter....but then nothing less expected from my genius :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyyy Nabzzzzz! I'm seeing you here after so long :O
      Thanks love. You're such niceness always :*

      Delete
  6. lovely! It always amazes me how the world always seems to go on doing what its doing while all sorts on things are happening everywhere else. It's a big, big, big jigsaw puzzle :P But you put the whole thought across so pleasantly, I feel all nice inside.
    Will start blogging after exams :)
    C'ya

    ReplyDelete

Pour out your thoughts on mine.... :)