Monday, December 1, 2008

Jane Eyre

--- Charlotte Brontë
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Today school was weird.


6th Period was Library. All I ever do in this period is go sit there on the table which is right next to the window, and just see the big field and kids playin there.

Or rather observe them.

Cause very honestly, the books in the SCHOOL lib don't really interest me much.

Cause either I usually am already reading another novel [Most of the times] / I don't have my issue card/ the Lib teacher gives me glares/ I don't like the books there cause most are so

DUH-type. {Yess! To the point}.


^^ So yeah. Basically, I hate the selections cause they have apparantly forgotten that it's the 21st century.


I personally really like old classics.. Not that I've read many classics frankly. But yeah, I love the language. The 'real' English.


But it's just that that... they also have to get in *the* books.

If you know what I mean. I'm sure Remya does. {if you're readin this}.



Whatever.


So, today all of a sudden, NO CLUE why, I just randomly was going through the same, old,dusty racks of books , when I bumped into the famous book ; Jane Eyre. It was a hefty book. Royal red in colour, and had "Jane Eyre" written on it with Gold.

It attracted me. Something about the oldness, long-forgottenness of that book attracted me.

Why? I dont know.


Again; NO CLUE why I picked it up and started reading, even though I already am reading another novel.

So yeah.


Jane Eyre -- Written by Charlotte Brontë.

The first few pages of introduction described how close were Charlotte and Emily.. Both having the intense passion for writing were together known as the Brontë sisters.

Since they both liked to write, they usualy stayed at home and worked on their own peices.

And towards the later end of the day, both the sisters went out for long walks.. where they spoke and admired the wild beauty that surrounded them..


And then, after reading that particular line, I just got this really weird urge of writing a poem for my sister.

Yes, I know, when we write poems, they usually come like an urge and intensity.

But it's just that.. I dint really expect this to happen, Not in the Lib Period. No.

But.. I'm glad it did. Actually.

I dint take my issue card to school as usual, but now I'll make it a point to finish my current novel ASAP and issue Jane Eyre.

Cause if only few pages could do this to me, In the LIBRARY period , I wonder what the whole book whould do... ;)



I'm excited :)



"...this girl, this child, the native of a Christian land, worse than many a little heathen who says its prayers to Brahma and kneels before Juggernaut—this girl is—a liar!"


--- Jane Eyre.



14 comments:

  1. lol!! I remember how there were the best of the books in my Library at school and how only the last two years before I left I started exploring the hidden beauties in there!! And I guess all libraries have play fields next to them!! Do they never think of it?? We actually had a TT room above our library!!

    And oh, its always a good rule to savage a book you loved in the beginning till its end. A lots of good things inlife come out of the experience. That in turn leads to more good things happening. Good going. Go finish it. See you when I see you... :)

    P.S. Let us know what happens after the book!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT BOOK!.

    there was this chapter in 6th grade that was taken from it, i made it a point of reading it later.


    The book mentions only two sisters?
    There were 3. Charlotte, Emily and Anne.
    :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO! Why did you remind me of this book? It was totally Gothic! But I liked the part where the girl undergoes her schooling. That was good.....but it was real real Gothic!!!

    You will like it though.....it may take a lot of time to finish the book....2-3 weeks maybe...but a good read

    and school library is meant to be that way....useless

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZOMG..
    tht was "quality" blogpost i have ever read!!!


    i m impressed (as if i nvr was, but yeah, just to say it out again)


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Pranav: Haha, yeah, I know, they never realize what a distraction can the play fields be when it comes down to the library!!
    Yeah, well, since I was kinda curious about the Lib after I found that book, I sorta looked more.. Now, once I finish my current novel, i would step into Jane Eyre, and then I have my eye on this book called "MOTHER" by Maxim Gorkey. [I hope I spelled it right?]. I started sometime back, but wasen't really in the moood for it then. So yeaaa.
    Will let u know my feedback ;)
    Keep blogging. Tc
    :)


    @ Ujjwal: Really? Thats nice :)
    I din dare read the chapters of the book, cause then i would have diched my current novel. I just read the Intro. So theyjust mentioned 2 sisters there.. So yeah.. :S


    Twisted Elegance: First of all: WELCOME BACK!!! :D
    Hmmm... Gothic'eh?
    Never mind :) Lemme go thru it first ;) 2-3 weeks?!!! No man, not at all. It shouldnt take more than a week [at max]. But yeah, if I'm SO BUSY and hyped with SO many things coming up, it might just even take me a year :/


    @ Sandesh: Aww, thank you :)
    Oiii!! When are u comin to Cr.park??? I shall be honoured if you could just make it sometime SOON for lunch/dinner /whatever at my place . It'll be nice :)
    Tell me soon. And yeah, one favour:
    CALL ME!!!


    ;)
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. You write very well!

    You know, I similarly stumbled across a book a few weeks ago on my dad's bookshelf.

    They are the best discoveries. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WANT MY VODKA PARTNER BACK...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, i remember my library periods were so boring that, I used 2 check pics of old fairly tales, than reading the book.
    Ur writing style is very impressive... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AND SHES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


    yayyyiiieeeeee

    n my life begins again!!!


    mwwaahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Sydney : Aww, thank you so much :) Glad yoy dropped by.
    Yes, I knw , sometimes, you just stumble across these books wch facinate you so much! Its amazing.
    Keep dropping by!

    @ Disguise: <33 Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Journey to home : Lol.. Same with me. Just go around flipping uselessly through old books.. with nice picture jackets and everything.. lol.. :)
    Thank you so much for your compliment :) Keep visiting!


    @ Neha : Yes baby! I'm back!!!! :DDDD ahahah.. lol..
    <3.

    ReplyDelete
  12. some people here never visits others blogs....you know who that is nil?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Twisted elegance : Ayii!! I'm SOOOOO sorry man! I was so psyched out. Was outta Del for 8 LONG days. And from the past month, been runin around cause of this *huge* wedding at my place. Dont worry, I'm on my way to ur blog right now ;)

    ReplyDelete

Pour out your thoughts on mine.... :)